- Waterproof and stain-resistant body takes away the worry of spilling anything on it, or dropping it in water – it can survive being completely submerged
- A very rugged design that can take some physical abuse and even stopped sand from getting into the grille – go ahead kick sand in its face
- Greater wireless range than most Bluetooth speakers – up to 50 feet rather than the typical 30 feet.
- Tapping the top of the speaker pauses or skips songs – a cool and fun feature – you have to pick it up first so that it doesn’t kip ones accidentally. Single tap pauses/un-pauses, a double-tap skips to the next song
- Very small and light, weighing in at just over one pound and measuring 6.9 inches x 2.6 inches.
- Waterproof covered audio (3.5mm) and micro USB charging port.
Review comments are based on opinion and observations from multiple testers and users.
Many reviewers thought that the UE Boom was one of the best Bluetooth wireless speakers they had tested – it was easy to use and very rugged. Some raved about the battery time, feeling that they got close to, and in some cases, more than 15 hours of playback time.
There were no issues connecting to iOS, Android, and even Samsung’s new phones running the Tizen OS. Well placed and easy to use controls, even if your hands are covered in sand.
Sound quality was impressive even though the UE Boom is a tiny speaker – it had excellent bass response and clear, clean highs. All our reviewers thought that the UE Boom was easy to pair with your phone or tablet, and also easy to link another UE Boom for stereo sound, or even to have the same music playing in multiple rooms.
UE, or Ultimate Ears (a really awesome and appropriate name) is division of Logitech, so they know what they’re doing. While you might think the UE Boom bluetooth wireless speaker is a bit expensive, its high quality and thoughtful construction, as well as it’s more than adequate sound quality far outperforms nearly anything else in this price range.